Lightning Talk: Impress-remote links

Pat CINLUG pat-cinlug at indy.rr.com
Fri May 11 10:32:40 EDT 2018

Here are links for Impress Remote documentation.

<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Impress_Remote>

This page includes links for both Android and iOS apps.

<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/HowTo/Impress_Remote_(Android)>

This includes the settings that enable the feature. There is an
additional setting to enable WiFi that I didn't show at the meeting.

I had an opportunity to use Impress Remote for a presentation last week.
It was mostly successful, but still had some technical issues:
 - WiFi still didn't work.
 - Smartphone screen timed out, and my attention was diverted to wake
the screen before I change to the next slide.

On rereading the HowTo, the device volume control buttons can also be
used to change slides. I wonder if this would still work after the
screen times-out?

Pat