Linux app support going live on Chrome OS Dev channel

David Spoelstra davids at mediamachine.com
Fri May 4 03:31:14 EDT 2018

https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/05/03/linux-app-support-going-live-chrome-os-dev-channel/

Less than a week away from Google I/O (where this will probably be
officially announced), a new settings option for Linux apps has appeared on
the Chrome OS Dev channel. It's titled "Linux (Beta)," with the
description, "Run Linux tools, editors, and IDEs on your Chromebook."

As I said in the meeting, this is coming very soon! This is very exciting
since according to the experts, Chromebooks have 60% of the education
market:
https://www.recode.net/2018/3/27/17169624/apple-ipad-google-education-event-chromebooks-market
and this will expose a whole generation to Linux.

-David