FW: Build a Zork Teletype Machine - YouTube

Brown, David (Test Dept) doc.brown at Rolls-Royce.com
Thu Aug 13 07:29:48 EDT 2015

Classic! Another triumph for Linux!

WATCH - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3cAug7MNZWg

TELETYPE goodies:
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/01/07/classic-computer-games-archive
https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games/v2

I remember playing on one of these in elementary school. By the time I got to high school, we had Apple][s, and in college I could connect a Zenith 8088 with a 300 baud acoustic coupler modem to a CDC mainframe for programming, or to my Dad's PLATO system at CDC to have my first multi-user gaming experience in 1978 on a game called Moria.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PLATO_(computer_system)
PLATO games:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moria_(PLATO)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dnd_(video_game)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_(PLATO)

PLATO system emulator:
http://cyber1.org/

David (Doc) Brown
Rolls-Royce Electronics Engineer / W2C
P.O. Box 420
Indianapolis, IN 46206-0420
+1 317 230 3623 / Tel
+1 317 230 6152 / Fax
+1 317 753 9752 / Mobile
doc.brown at rolls-royce.com / Email

This e-mail (including attachments) contains contents owned by Rolls-Royce plc and its subsidiaries, affiliated companies or customers and covered by the laws of England and Wales, Brazil, US, or Canada (federal, state or provincial). The information contained in this email is intended to be confidential, may be legally privileged and subject to export controls which may restrict the access to and transfer of the information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution, interception or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and may subject you to further legal action. Reply to the sender if you received this email by accident, and then delete the email and any attachments.