HPC job at Eli Lilly

Terry Bowling terry.bowling at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 09:55:03 EDT 2015

I just ran across this on LinkedIn if anyone is interested.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/58748406?trk=eml-jymbii-organic-job-title&refId=c96382ae-7975-4ba6-8ace-a61bc1f74ef6&midToken=AQHjPiZ1fBjR5g

-Terry

      Job description

*Company Overview*

At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people
around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in
Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to
discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them,
improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to
our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best
effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people
who are determined to make life better for people around the world.

*Responsibilities*

The mission of HPC is to *provide and govern* *an* *innovative, agile,
yet stable analytics platform *that supports data-driven decision-making
in Research and Development by overseeing the end-to-end architecture.
HPC ensures our customers are able *to maximize value through the
use *of Lilly’s analytics architecture and data assets.

Lilly’s HPC organization is seeking an Analyst to be accountable for the
implementation of new capabilities and operation of a world-class
analytics infrastructure in support of Lilly’s therapeutic areas such as
Oncology.

# Leverages broad technical depth and business knowledge to consult across
diverse integrated analytical technologies within the HPC environment to
business partners across multiple business functions and project teams.
# Anticipates the implications of technical decisions on our business, our
existing IT services, project timelines, and life-cycle decisions.
# Enables effective information flows across IT business processes and our
internal partners' business processes.
# Recommends and leads the implementation of innovative approaches of new
and existing HPC technologies enabling business transformation.
# Contributes to the design, development, and delivery of end user
training and/or procedures.
# Modifies existing systems or integrates packaged systems with existing
infrastructure to meet business requirements.
# Anticipates and defines service support requirements and
responsibilities across multiple technologies to ensure appropriate
levels of support across entire technology solution.
# Proactively ensures effective service management processes (incident,
problem, change, capacity, configuration, availability, and continual
service improvement) are in place and managed to consistently deliver
reliable services.
# Coordinate the activities of third party resources responsible for daily
operations.
# Work across IT organizations to build relationships (IT Infrastructure
Hosting Services, Enterprise Information and Platforms, etc.) to ensure
operational needs of HPC are realized.

*Basic Qualifications*

# Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Compute Technology, Informatics,
Management Information Systems, Engineering, or Mathematics.
# Demonstrated knowledge of Linux.
# Demonstrated knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl, Python, R,
and/or Ruby.
# Working knowledge of software configuration management using DevOps
tools and methodologies.
# Demonstrated knowledge of high performance computing
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the
United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for
employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment
position.

*Additional Skills/Preferences*

# Demonstrated knowledge of SQL.
# Ability to lead/manage multiple projects or tasks.
# Excellent oral and written communication skills.
# Recognized for broad learning agility.
# Ability to communicate technical information to a business partner and
ability to understand the business needs / language and translate into a
technical (IT) language / application.
# Ability to work directly with LRL computational scientists.
# Demonstrated experience in communicating/managing change in an complex
environment
# Demonstrated knowledge of using high performance computing schedulers
and resource managers such as Univa Grid Engine.
# Working knowledge of development methodologies and tools.
# Working knowledge of languages such as C, C++, and/or FORTRAN.
# Working knowledge of advanced HPC technologies such as OpenMP, MPI, and
accelerators.
# Knowledge of data and data usage for assigned business functions

*Additional Information*

Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on
the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran
status, disability or any other legally protected status.