new to area: suggestions for inet?

Kevin Hunter Kesling hunteke at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 03:03:53 EDT 2014

Hullo List,

My wife and I are moving to the area (south east Indy, inside the
beltline(?) ) this weekend and we're in need of internet.  However,
first things first: "Hello, List!"

Second things second: Not knowing the local arena, I wonder if the
collective knowledge of this group might put me on to a better setup
than I might immediately find on my own.  Any suggestions for internet?

Our needs are modest (currently) as I mainly surf the web and ssh to
servers around the country.  My wife and I also partake in Netflix.  One
thing we flat will not do is a bundled service.  As a policy, we do not
watch commercial-laden TV channels, and have no need for land-line phone
option.

We've been subsisting just fine on a 15 Mb/s (advertised, of course)
line, and currently paying $45/mo for the privilege.  Of course, if
reasonably priced fiber were an option, that, umm, wouldn't suck.  :-)

Many thanks!

Kevin