Meeting Topic Suggestions

gh gh at garretthoneycutt.com
Fri Jan 6 01:36:06 EST 2012

On 1/5/12 10:42 PM, Bernie Hoefer wrote:
>      Hello, all.  I was thinking about Wednesday night's meeting and how
> we briefly talked about what presentations we might like to see in 2012.
>

> +  Anybody doing clustering with GNU/Linux?  I know Red Hat
>    offers a "High Availability Add-On" to their Red Hat
>    Enterprise Linux product.  I know nothing about it, and
>    know just barely a little about server clustering, in
>    general.  Do any of you use GNU/Linux or UNIX clustering
>    at your places of employment?

Not quite sure what you and the community is looking to learn about
clustering, though I would be happy to discuss methodologies behind
building highly available services.

> +  Do any of you manage a large number of GNU/Linux servers?
>    Do you use the Puppet or Spacewalk (or some other)
>    configuration management software?  I'd like to hear
>    about it.

I work for Puppet Labs would gladly discuss Puppet and configuration
management in general to the group. We could also discuss
Spacewalk/Cobbler and how those fit into your architecture.

-g