ntfs support Knoppix 5

Chris Livesay livesay2000 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 12:38:31 CDT 2006

As they say, there are many ways to skin that cat.

Knoppix howto is really simple once you do it the first time. I've been
remastering knoppix for almost 2yrs now, mainly using small distro's like
DSL as a base. I've also managed to remaster other distros like Mepis too.
Remastering is necessary in some instances but after awhile just becomes a
sickness and you have to remaster a distro just to see if you can do it. :-)

The Linux Live scripts are popular http://www.linux-live.org/ and I've used
them to remaster Slax and STX. If you have the remaster bug and want to
start with a small Knoppix footprint, the Damn Small project has just put
out an alpha release with the 2.6 kernel that's currently at 83mb. You can
remaster DSL with all the same Knoppix techniques you'd use to remaster
Knoppix 3.4

Chris