Any interest in an SELinux presentation?

Josh Bressers josh at bress.net
Thu Aug 4 08:40:33 MDT 2005

> If there's interest, I'd be willing to give a talk on SELinux.
>
> For those of you who don't know what SELinux is, here's a few links:
>
> http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/
> http://www.crypt.gen.nz/selinux/faq.html

Well, it seems September is free at this point, so if there are no
complaints, I'd love to be the presenter.

Now for the important bits, what does everyone want to hear about?  There
are a number of new security related technologies springing up in various
things Linux, SELinux being the most popular.  Currently I plan to focus on
a very high level overview of SELinux, probably with a few mentions of
things like ExecShield and some of new glibc/gcc enhancements.

As for a little background for those of you wondering "Who is this person
and why should I waste my precious TV time to listen to him?"

I live in the Indianapolis area and work on the Security Response Team for
Red Hat (you may have heard of them).  My job is to basically find and
verify all the things we fix in our security errata.

Thanks.

--
    JB