ACM Risks to Public

PM pmpb at att.net
Thu Aug 3 06:43:38 EDT 2023

At last night's presentation of "A Radical (Not So) New Idea To Stop The
Daily Barrage Of Data Breaches" by Greg Scott, I mentioned that ACM has
a netnews moderated group that complements the presentation. It is run
by the Forum on Risks to the Public in Computers and Related Systems and
has a web interface for viewing all the digests going back to 1985:

https://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/

The forum doesn't limit itself to just just software, including recent
threads on imploding submersibles and a huge Ferris wheel that was
shutdown without explanation. In the past they have discussed voting
systems as well as transit mishaps. There are also more mainstream data
processing topics, including the Equifax Apache Struts faux pas.

https://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/30/47#subj14.1

Just for fun, I checked the inaugural digest, and it included stories
related to the Space Defense Initiative.

https://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/1/1#subj4

Enjoy,

Pat