Armando's Dual-Homed Routing Question

Bernie Hoefer LUG-Member at TheMoreIKnow.info
Thu Sep 7 11:27:37 EDT 2017

     I don't have Armando's e-mail address, so I'm hoping he is
subscribed to this mailing list.
     At last night's meeting, I think he was asking about how a machine
containing 2 network interface cards (NICs) -- each being attached to a
different subnet -- could automatically learn routes to the different
networks.  He said Windows does this.
     I'm not 100% sure I got his question correct.  I'd love to see a
reference to what he's talking about Windows doing so I can better
search for the equivalent in the GNU/Linux space.
     This morning I came across some reference to "Policy Based Routing"
and the NetworkManager-config-routing-rules package -- but I didn't see
anything about automatic discovery.  Still, Armando might want to search
along those lines to see if that leads to the solution he is wanting.

--
Bernie Hoefer
PGP e-mail is welcome!  Get my 1024 bit signature key from: