Cannot Give February Presentation

Bernie Hoefer LUG-Member at TheMoreIKnow.info
Mon Jan 9 14:33:16 EST 2017

     I was composing an e-mail to Michael when, right before hitting
send, I thought to myself I should send this out to everyone,  I'm sure
many of you have done / are doing interesting things in the FOSS world
that would be interesting to hear about at a CINLUG meeting.  So, with
me not being able to speak in February, hopefully one of you will!  :-)

     After looking at my calendar and thinking about my priorities, I've
determined I cannot give a Fedora Linux presentation at the February 1st
CINLUG meeting.
     I'd like to suggest we pencil in a Fedora talk for the Wednesday,
July 5th meeting.  That will be 1 month after Fedora 26 is released[1]
and we may be able to get Fedora Project Leader Matthew Miller[2] to
speak.  (He said he may be visiting Indianapolis this summer.  He
doesn't know his schedule, yet, but I'll keep in contact with him.)  If
he cannot give the presentation, I should be able to.

     Hopefully, late this year I can give a talk on an interesting
software project I just heard featured on a podcast:  Demonsaw[3].  It
is a secure, anonymous multi-platform information sharing (chat, files)
app that is decentralized.  (Thus, where Facebook's WhatsApp can be
blocked by tyrannical governments, Demonsaw can probably still work.)
     I'll let Michael know in early summer (probably when we talk about
the Fedora 26 presentation) when it looks good for me to speak on Demonsaw.

[1]Dates *can* change!
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/26/Schedule>

[2]<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Mattdm?rd=MatthewMiller>

[3]<https://demonsaw.com/>

--
Bernie Hoefer
PGP e-mail is welcome!  Get my 1024 bit signature key from: