August topic?

Michael Schultheiss schultmc at cinlug.org
Tue Aug 1 21:39:07 EDT 2017

I sent out the announcement email at about 9 this morning.

Matthew Lawson, a student in IU's School of Informatics and Computing, will
be presenting his project from last semester's data science class. In Big
Data Software and Projects, each class member's final project consisted of
deploying some software on a three-node cluster and then accomplishing a
basic task. Mr. Lawson opted to deploy a virtual robot swarm using ROS, the
simulation of which streamed back through an ssh connection from the
cluster. He used bash scripts, Ansible and the professor's cloud management
client to accomplish the task.