Follow-Up From My LinHES/Mythbuntu Talk

Bernie Hoefer LUG-Member at TheMoreIKnow.info
Wed Nov 9 08:22:40 EST 2016

On 2016-11-08 19:28 EST, Bernie Hoefer wrote:
===
> My experience would now lead me to go find an Intel video display
> adapter (since they use Open Source drivers) that supports VDPAU (Video
> Decode and Presentation API for Unix).
===
     As I mentioned in my talk, the proprietary Nvidia drivers gave me
some small headaches, which is why I suggest going with Intel.  Looks
like there is now another reason to avoid Nvidia products, if one cares
about one's own privacy and control over the items one has purchased:

  Nvidia Adds Telemetry Tracking to Latest Driver
  <https://soylentnews.org/article.pl?sid=16/11/08/0229228>

(The referenced ghacks.net article is about the Nvidia Windows driver,
but do you really trust them not to try to put it in the Linux driver,
as well?)

--
Bernie Hoefer
PGP e-mail is welcome!  Get my 1024 bit signature key from: