Fedora 21 + Citrix Receiver

Matthew Lawson mlawson at protonmail.ch
Wed May 18 21:59:08 EDT 2016

Anyone and Everyone:

Bernie recently suggested I post my technical problem to this mailing list. Sooooo....

I cannot figure out how to make Citrix Receiver work with my Fedora 21-powered commodity Asus laptop. I recently installed the latest version of Receiver, but the prior version (ca. early-2015) did not work either. Whenever I attempt to connect via Citrix, Fedora simply asks me what program I want to use to open the .ica file. Further, choosing Receiver is not an option. Even further, opening Receiver itself does not seem possible since "opening" it results in no apparent changes.

I found quite a few purported fixes after googling around for a bit, but no consensus emerged, i.e., follow these three steps and / or update this particular system file.

In short, does anyone know how to make Receiver work with Fedora 21? Any help would be appreciated.

Best,

Matthew Lawson

Sent from ProtonMail mobile