Register CINLUG as a Meetup?

Terry Bowling terry.bowling at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 09:53:23 EDT 2016

It seems that www.meetup.com is the best tool for notifying of user groups
and that meetups are the modern day thing replacing user groups (I feel so
old!!).

I started the process of creating a CINLUG meetup group but it seems there
is a $9.99/mo fee for up to 40 members and $14.99 for unlimited.

Do we have funds for this?  I would be willing to cover the first few
months worth to get us going and see if it increases our membership enough
to justify the additional cost.  It seems at better tool at proactively
notifying others with similar interests in the area and may be worthwhile.

Any thoughts?  Should I proceed with a test to try it out?
-Terry