Social Media sites

Michael Schultheiss schultmc at cinlug.org
Mon Jun 29 15:05:26 EDT 2015

Terry Bowling wrote:
> I know the Facebook Cinlug group is what has been used in the past, but
> have we considered expanding to also utilize Google+ or the growing
> MeetUp site to communicate our Cinlug meetings?

I'm open to whatever social media sites would help promote CINLUG. I've
been posting to LinkedIn, our Facebook Page and Facebook Group. I can
also update our Google+ page.

We haven't yet utilized Meetup.com due to the recurring cost but aren't
opposed to it in principle.

> I am seeing more and more groups that are very active on Meetup,
> including IndyJUG and Docker Indianapolis groups:
> http://www.meetup.com/Docker-Indianapolis/
>
> And I see we have a CINLUG group on G+, but it seems to be closed to
> join and nothing has ever been posted.
> https://plus.google.com/u/0/103107366905528325021/about

I've invited you to be a manager of our Google + page. We may need a
community rather than the business page we currently have.

> I would be happy to assist in maintaining and posting to these to help
> promote interest in the group if we want to use these tools and grant me
> access.

Thanks for the offer - I'd be happy to have you help promote CINLUG!