CVS

Michael Schultheiss schultmc at cinlug.org
Tue May 6 11:14:02 EDT 2014

Brown, David   (Test Dept) wrote:
> Anyone know how to force TkCVS to use the $CVSROOT and ignore the
> information stored in the CVS/root file which is created in the source
> code directories?
>
> If a :ext:userid at host:/usr/local/cvs   is inside the CVS/root file,
> then it seems to "override" the $CVSROOT environment variable.

I haven't used CVS in over 13 years and I'm not familiar with TkCVS but
some quick searching seems to point to a ~/.tkcvs config file or
~/.cvsrc file that may allow you to set something to ignore CVS/root

It looks like on the command line you could do
cvs -d $CVSROOT <cvs_command>

but I don't know how to translate that to TkCVS.