Should The RPM Have These Dependencies?

Brown, David (Test Dept) Doc.Brown at rolls-royce.com
Tue Jan 28 07:24:47 EST 2014

Bernie,

I think the developer probably should not specify "font family" but only
"font size or font face," but maybe sometimes they do. If they've
specified a type/family, I would think they should require the proper
font package(s) in the RPM dependencies.

Also, fonts (sometimes) are not released on the GNU general public
license, so they will never be automatically available on a Fedora Core
system without a user acknowledging the particular license restrictions.
If this was the case, "shame" on the developer for using a non-open
font.

Regards,

David (Doc) Brown
Rolls-Royce Electronics Engineer / W2C