Do we need the forums?

gh gh at garretthoneycutt.com
Sat Jan 4 10:44:35 EST 2014

Hello,

I was going through the forums on cinlug.org and from the looks of it,
no one actually uses them. Looked at the job posting and found a post
that I made back in 2006 (spoiler: the position is no longer open). It
seems that this mailing list is the primary mode of discussion. If you
were new to CINLUG and looked at the forums and the last post dates, you
might conclude that the LUG is dead, when actually the communication is
happening here. I believe that by removing the forums we will make it
simpler for people to get involved, find information,  and not scare
away potential attendees.

What do you think about removing the forums entirely?

Best regards,
-g