Beagle or Rasberry Pi

Michael Schultheiss schultmc at cinlug.org
Thu Aug 21 11:51:40 EDT 2014

Brown, David   (Test Dept) wrote:
> I'm kind of interested in playing with one of these.
> Which one should I get? A Rasberry Pi - or a Beaglebone Black?
> I know Tom and Don and Jason might have some input.
> Look at the Rasberry Pi Ultimate kit on Amazon.com and let me know what you think.

We use dozens of Raspberry Pies at work for our Digital Signage so I'm
most familiar with them. I do know Beaglebone Blacks are more powerful
so depending on what you're wanting to do, you may want the Beaglebone
Black instead. There's also the new Raspberry Pi Model B+ that has some
slightly tweaked hardware.