Customizing Linux boot cd with with ntfs support

Michael Schultheiss schultmc at cinlug.org
Mon Apr 3 09:09:35 CDT 2006

Matt Beal wrote:

> Hi list
>
> I'm looking to create a bootable cd which should write to NTFS partition
> to install an x.exe install.  Sounds deviant, eh?  Actually, I just to
> copy a Win script to the Windows Startup group which gives the
> (extremely limited account) user choices of print drivers to load.

I'm not sure how well NTFS write works in Linux (I haven't tried it in
quite a while).  KNOPPIX include Captive NTFS which supposedly loads the
NT/2k/XP ntfs.sys driver and uses that for writing, but I never got that
to work.  As I understand it, Captive NTFS is no longer maintained but
there are other NTFS write options.