Help w/ squid & squidGuard

Josh Bressers josh at bress.net
Fri Mar 4 12:33:48 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 14:16 -0500, Grunow, Todd wrote:
> Does anyone out there have experience setting up squid and squidGuard?
> I teach at a local middle school and we need to set up a web filter.
> I have some experience with *nix, but I know I’m in way over my head
> trying to get this to work.  Any suggestions or comments would be
> greatly appreciated.

Todd,

I'm sure someone here can help, but you'll want to be a bit more
descriptive.  Do you already have a Linux machine setup for this
project?  If so which distribution did you pick.

Assuming you have a properly working computer, what sort of problems are
you having with squid or squidGuard?

Your best bet will probably be to start by finding some HOWTO's for
whatever step you are in this setup, and ask questions when something
isn't clear.

Good luck, it looks bad, but once you're done, it'll all make sense (or
none at all).  :)

--
    JB