Real Time Embedded Computing Conference in Indianapolis

db at cinlug.org db at cinlug.org
Wed Aug 10 09:14:44 MDT 2005

FYI - The Real Time Embedded Computing Conference is in Indianapolis this
August.  FREE to attend.  Looks like they have several embedded Linux
exhibitors and conferences.  See current list below.

When:	August 23, 2005 8am - 3pm
Where:	Indianapolis Marriott East
	7202 East 21st Street
	Indianapolis, IN 46219

http://www.rtecc.com/indianapolis/

CONFERENCES:

8:45 – 9:30 am
CONTROLLER AREA NETWORK (CAN) –SERIAL NETWORK TECHNOLOGY FOR EMBEDDED
SOLUTIONS
presented by ESD Electronics

Controller Area Network (CAN) is a serial network that was originally
designed for the automotive industry, but has also become a popular bus in
industrial automation as well as other applications. The CAN bus is
primarily used in embedded systems, and as its name implies, is a network
technology established among microcontrollers. It is a two-wire, half
duplex, high-speed network system and is well suited for high speed
applications using short messages. During this session you will learn the
basics of CAN as well as all aspects of implementation and development.

10:15 – 11:00 am
THE ROLE OF AN OPERATING SYSTEM & NETWORK STACKIN DESIGNED HIGH
RELIABILITY NETWORKED DEVICES
presented by Green Hills Software

Join us for a technical discussion on the role of an operating system and
network stack in designed high reliability networked devices. We'll
discuss networking requirements as well as implementation details to
provide performance, uptime, and response time guarantees for embedded
systems.

10:15 – 11:00 am
LINUX FOR EMBEDDED SYSTEMS
presented by LynuxWorks

In this session we will demonstrate how you can develop with Linux in all
your embedded designs, from general purpose, to hard real-time, to safety
critical and secure systems. You will learn how to develop multiple
applications using the same API and with the same tools regardless of the
operating systems requirements for the end product.

11:30 – 12:15 pm
OPTIMIZE YOUR LINUX & VXWORKS 6.0 DEVELOPMENT
presented by Wind River

This session covers the technical advantages of using Wind River 's
Eclipse-based Workbench development suite to optimize both Linux and
VxWorks 6.0 device software development. We highlight the advantages and
the how to of using a common development environment for multiple target
applications using multiple operating systems, architectures, processor
families, languages and connection types. We will explore such Workbench
features as messaging channels and simultaneous debugging capabilities and
the ability to extend your development environment with hundreds of tools
from the Eclipse community.

1:15 – 2:00 pm
NEW DESIGN PARADIGM - MODEL IT, SIMULATE IT, RUN IT
presented by Accelerated Technology Embedded Systems

There are many benefits to using modeling in the software design process.
Now xtUML adds platform-independent verification and re-targettable
translation to these. See how the xtUML profile, which adds abstract
execution semantics to UML, fits into your embedded design flow. You will
see a sample application that is modeled and translated using our xtUML
modeling software. The resulting application can be simulated using
Accelerated Technology's Nucleus SIMdx prototyping product. Finally, the
application is loaded to a target board and debugged using our new Nucleus
EDGE software, which encompasses a complete GUI, project manager and
debugger with trace and profiler.

1:15 – 2:00 pm
LINUX ADVANCES IN THE 2.6 KERNEL
presented by LynuxWorks

We will discuss the advances in the 2.6 Linux kernel and how these kernel
advances are better suited to embedded systems, particularly those systems
requiring some degree of determinism and predictable performance. We will
also address why POSIX conformance is important for embedded developers.

EXHIBITS OPEN 8am – 3pm

AAEON Electronics
www.aaeon.com

AAEON Systems