Subject mangling

Michael Schultheiss schultmc at cinlug.org
Fri Oct 8 14:49:11 EST 2004

Originally, this list was setup with subject mangling enabled (i.e.
[CINLUG] was prepended to the subject).  I received a complaint and
turned off the subject mangling.  I've received another complaint asking
for it to be turned back on (to allow easy visual identification of list
mail).  Rather than continue to flip the mangling on and off, I'd like
to gauge the preferences of the list recipients.

With or without subject mangling, you can filter on the List-Id header.
Filtering is possible in most mail delivery agents.

One con of having subject mangling enabled is that useful information in
the subject can often time be pushed off the screen (for example, a
subject like FW: RE: Re: [CINLUG] Re: Subject mangling).