[Announce] CINLUG September Meeting: Tower As Code

Bernie Hoefer LUG-Member at TheMoreIKnow.info
Sat Aug 21 13:27:45 EDT 2021

Please join us on Wednesday, September 1st for Central INdiana Linux User Group's next meeting.  We will feature Red Hat Senior Consultant Sean Sullivan speaking on "Tower As Code:  Managing Ansible Tower/Controller As Code".

This meeting will start at 19:00 (7:00 PM) EDT instead of 18:00 (6:00 PM) to make it more convenient in joining us after work.

This meeting will also be a hybrid in-person and online meeting.  Please consider joining us, in-person in the Castleton area at:

  Moser Consulting
  Suite #100
  6220 Castleway W Drive
  Indianapolis, IN 46250

(Given the recent surge in COVID-19 cases, we ask that you wear a mask regardless of your vaccination status.)
(Also, many thanks to Moser Consulting [https://www.moserit.com/] for allowing us to use their facilities!)

Alternatively, join us online via Zoom.  To obtain the Zoom URL, please register at:

  https://www.meetup.com/CINLUG/events/frkjksyccmbcb/

Sean Sullivan is a senior consultant in Red Hat's telecommunications sector group and a contributor to Awx.  He is the co-maintainer of Controller Configuration Collection.  Sean started with Ansible to automate a networking lab while in college at Purdue University.  He has spent the last four years at Red Hat helping companies across industries realize their automation goals using the Ansible Automation Platform.

Sean will walk the audience through his journey to implement Ansible Automation Platform as code.  We will explore how he and other consultants took the Ansible Tower collection to drive the creation of the redhat_cop.tower_configuration collection, which is now used to simplify their management of Ansible Tower using "Infrastructure as Code" and development & operations (DevOps).  Sean will demonstrate the process used to implement this solution and how other companies can do the same.

--
Bernie Hoefer
PGP e-mail is welcome!  Get my 1024 bit signature key from: