[Announce] Techpoint's IT Professionals Group presents Spam-a-rama

Michael Schultheiss schultmc at cinlug.org
Tue Aug 12 17:29:13 CDT 2003

TechPoint

IT Professionals Peer Group Meeting Announcement

spam-A-Rama! Become a spam expert!

NOTE: Venue change! (Five Season Country Club!)

	We got so much positive feedback from the January presentation
of spam we have decided to do it again. This time bigger and better!
The evening will be made up of 3 events:

Event One:

	Ken Miller of Data Communication Consulting who will discuss
what is SPAM, the legal, social, and technical issues, as well as the
techniques and tools used to fight it.

Event Two:

	After Ken's presentation we will have a 45 minute Professional
Panel discussion. The attendees will have an opportunity to ask
questions of the panel concerning what panel members are doing in the
fight against spam.

Panel members are:

Rick Jackson				Neil Berman
Manager of Messaging			President
University Information 			Neighborhood Email
Technology Services
Indiana University

CEO/President				Ken Miller
Exact Target				President
					Data Communications Consulting

Roland J. Cole				Darren DelDuco
Counsel, Intellectual Property 		IT
and Business Technology Group		Aprimo
Barnes and Thornburg

Event Three:

	Following the panel discussion, we will have vendors who you
may meet with to discuss their spam solutions.

	Vendors:
	NAI, Trend Micro, Brightmail, DataLink and Tumbleweed.

Vendors will have giveaways and drawings.

With the venue change we can accomadate more people. Please feel free
to bring a friend! (don't forget to RSVP! We need an accurate count to
ensure we have enough food).

Seating is limited to 200 seats, so Please RSVP to spamarama at dotheq.com.
   Topic spam-A-Rama

	Cost 	Free!  Catered Food and Drinks provided
 	Who 	IT Professionals, Techpoint Members and General Public
	What 	IT Professionals Peer Group Meeting
	When 	August 19, 2003 at 5:30 p.m.
	Where

		Five Seasons Country Club and Sports Complex
		1300 E. 96th Street
		Indianapolis, IN 46240
		Phone:  317-582-1550

		Directions

		Take Meridian St. North to 96th Street. Turn right
		(east). Go 1.5 miles, complex on left.

	Register RSVP to spamarama at dotheq.com

IT Professionals
http://www.dotheq.com/itpg/